Getting to Belfast
Belfast is easy to get to, whether it's by bus, train, plane or car. And when you're in the city, take advantage of the Translink Metro bus network, with special day tickets and offers.
- Travelling within Northern Ireland
- Travelling from Dublin and Republic of Ireland
- Travelling from Great Britain
- Car Parking
- Taxi Service
Travelling in Northern Ireland
Translink offers bus and rail services throughout Northern Ireland, so you can sit back, relax and leave the car at home. For information on timetables, fares and offers, visit
- Goldline Bus Service - 1/3 Off Day Return Tickets: Available on travel to and from Belfast, Monday - Sunday after 9.30am on selected Goldline services: Cookstown, Downpatrick, Coleraine, Ballymena, Antrim, Newry, Portadown, Armagh and Larne. View all Goldline Bus offers >>
- NI Railways - 1/3 Off Day Return Tickets: Available on travel to and from Belfast after 9.30am, on rail services: Newry, Portadown, Lisburn, Bangor, Larne, Whitehead, Carrickfergus, Londonderry, Coleraine, Ballymena and Antrim. View NI Railways Timetables >>
- Park and Ride £2.50: Enjoy £2.50 unlimited day travel after 9.30am on Black's Road, Ballymartin, Cairnshill, Dundonald and Sprucefield Park and Ride services and also use your ticket for unlimited Metro travel after 9.30am. Read more >>
- All Day Metro Travel £2.50: Unlimited day travel after 9.30am, 7 days a week from 1 - 31 December 2016. You can purchase a £2.50 day ticket on all Metro bus services (including Ulster Bus routes in Belfast) after 9.30am, with tickets available from the driver, on the mLink App, or on a dayLink Smart Card. Read more >>
Belfast is just 2 hours from Dublin, with travel options including the Enterprise Train from Connolly Station to Belfast's Central Station.
Irish Rail operates services from towns and cities across the Republic of Ireland to Dublin's Connolly Station, where you can then catch a connecting train to Belfast. The Enterprise service, from Connolly Station to Belfast's Central Station, runs eight times daily (five times on Sunday). Book in advance at www.irishrail.ie to avail of the best value fares. Your Enterprise ticket includes:
- free onward rail travel from Belfast Central Station to Titanic Quarter Station (train stop for Titanic Belfast visitor attraction).
- free Metro Bus services from Belfast Central Station to the city centre.
Bus Eireann provide bus and coach services, linking every major town and city in the country. For more information on routes and fares visit www.buseireann.ie. From Dublin, the X1 service operates from Dublin Busáras in the city centre and Dublin Airport to Belfast, with 21 departures everyday. Book online at www.national.buseireann.ie
From Dublin: Starting out from Dublin Airport, the M1 Motorway is well signposted for Belfast; this is a toll road and there is one Toll Plaza approximately 31 km from Dublin Airport. Continue on this motorway signposted for Belfast. Just after passing the city of Newry, the road becomes a dual carriageway (A1) and motorway regulations fall away. At the Sprucefield roundabout (approximately 137 km from Dublin Airport) the A1 joins the M1 motorway (signposted The North, Belfast). Once within the greater Belfast area, the signs will display as City Centre. At Grosvenor Road Junction (approximately 152 km), leave the motorway and follow signs for City Centre onto the B38.
If you're travelling to Belfast for the day, you can also park at the Sprucefield Park and Ride in Lisburn. It costs £2.50 (after 9.30am) to park your car and includes your bus travel to and from Belfast City Centre. Offer valid 1 - 31 December 2016. View bus timetable >>
Travelling from Great Britain
Belfast is quick and easy to get to. You can travel to the city from around 20 different airports, with the London to Belfast flight taking just 1 hour and 20 minutes. Flights are available from a number of airlines including FlyBe and Aer Lingus.
Belfast is easily accessed by sea with crossings from both Scotland and England, with journey times from just 2 hours and 15 minutes. Travel is available with a number of ferries including Stena Line.
Secure car parking is available across the city, with daily tariffs from £5 per day.
Value Cabs has a fleet of over 650 vehicles offering a professional taxi service, with a debit and credit card payment facility available in every vehicle. You can also use their Value Cabs app to book your taxi and trace your booking. Tel: +44 (0)28 9080 9080.
Shopping in Belfast
- Christmas Shop Opening Hours in Belfast
- Belfast Shop Directory
- Christmas Markets and Fairs
- Christmas Gift Ideas
- Christmas Gifts for Her
- Christmas Gifts for Him
- Christmas Gifts for Couples
- Christmas Gifts for Kids
- Christmas Gifts for Teenagers